Friday, September 25, 2009

Something beside junk mail in my box

This little gem appeared in my mailbox last week:


It reads:

The (email address included) Steelers Nation has found your mailbox to be out of compliance with the Steelers Fan Code of Ethics which states:

"All red-blooded Steelers Fans will display their loyalty on their mailboxes in a manner which should piss off their opposing fan neighbors."

Please bring this matter up to compliance or you may be sentenced to wearing the opposing team's mascot costume while watching the Steelers play. (Imagine how hot a fuzzy Bear outfit would be)

Go Steelers!

The picture, I assume, is what a Steelers Fan mailbox should be.

I immediately responded:

To whom it may concern,

In regards to the matter of bringing my mailbox into compliance with the neighborhood Steelers Nation, I have taken action and hope to have it resolved within the next month. An order for a Steelers mailbox had already been sent to the North Pole prior to receiving the violation notice, but due to a backorder issue, it will not be sent in the time frame needed to come into compliance. I have hopes that a temporary, but worthy, solution will be in place before long in order to "piss off my opposing fan neighbors". 

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention as I have been quite busy working on turning an ordinary playroom/office into a Pittsburgh Steelers room as great as the one my own neighbor on (I supplied his address) owns. Rest assure that the mailbox situation is under construction and will be in compliance shortly.

Go Steelers!

Several years ago while on the Board of our neighborhood association I had to drop off a gift certificate at this neighbor's house. I was wearing a Steelers shirt when the wife opened the door and so she invited me in to view her husband's Steelers room. He, of course, was not there and thus I'm hoping he will be thrown off guard with that last paragraph.

What fun we Steelers fans are!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, go to my blog today and check it out...you need to participate in this "wednesday" thingy! It will be fun and give us something to blog about:)) if not this week, next week! i found it on another blog...

Kelly said...

Question of the week for Cara:
If you could live the life of a famous person for one week, who would you choose and, more importantly, why???????
you must answer this question in your blog!