Thursday, September 10, 2009

When gaming becomes a reality

When I play any type of game it tends to carry over into my daily life. For example, years ago we use to have a Ms. Pacman machine in the lifeguard room at the club where I swam. After practice, we would all pop our coins in the machine and play for hours. After a few games of this, I would go to read a book and my eyes would want to run up and down and cross over the lines of the book as if Ms. Pacman herself were in the pages running from the ghosts.

After I got my Nintendo and starting playing Animal Crossing I would notice patches of clovers in the yards and would want to pull them to clean up my "city" and possibly earn good luck four-leaf clover for my pockets. Or I would see discarded furniture at the end of someone's driveway and think about how I should grab that and sell it to Tom Nook.

Now that I'm playing Farmville on Facebook, I've started noticing all sorts of crops that are ready to be harvested outside of the game.

Wheat

Peppers

Blueberries or could it be Eggplant?

Squash

Pumpkins

So far I haven't spotted any brown cows that look like they need to be milked for their chocolate milk nor have I seen any white or black sheep to be sheared. I wouldn't mind pulling some hair off of horses, but alas, I haven't run into them either. But I'm looking for the pink aura that surrounds them...

1 comment:

Susan said...

I finally had time to read your blog! Love all the pictures! Looks like a great time...wish we had been there with ya!