Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I awoke this morning to find this message in my inbox. This is from my friend Kelly, who is without a doubt, a witty, OLDER woman!


It is 10 minutes until your birthday.
I am still awake, you say,
Yes, to wish you a great day
You're 45 and going gray.

At 44 you thought you'd stay,
but you had to reach my age in some way.
Still, I think you'd have to say,
It's great to be Cara today!

So get out there with Elliot and play
Have some fun, avoid the fray.
Head to the beach on which to lay
It should be "lie", I know, okay.

You're 45, no use to pray,
But your youth is not all gone away.
Life is yours on a silver tray,
so let me wish you, if I may,

A wonderful, happy, super...nay,
A SPECTACULAR birthday!!!

---Kelly Elshoff

1 comment:

Susan said...

Awww...what a sweet poem:) What a good friend!!! I'm in the process of something little on my blog about you too:) Hope you are having a great bday so far:)