Sunday, November 29, 2009

Out of the mouths of my babes

Me: "I need to call and make your yearly wellness check-up appointment with the doctor now that you've had your birthday."

Madison (whining): "Do I have to get a shot?"

Me: "Are you kidding me? And besides, you're getting a shot on Tuesday at school."

Madison: "I AM? Why?"

Me: "The swine flu shot. The health department is coming in and giving out free shots."

Madison: "I just had the flu shot."

Me: "That was the seasonal flu shot. This is for the swine flu."

Madison: "I don't need that."

Me: "Honey, you do. Kids are dying from the swine flu. I don't want you to die."

Madison: "But I eat lots of hot dogs. Put that with the flu shot and I should be covered for the swine flu. In fact, let's go home and eat some hot dogs and bacon!"


No comments: