Monday, February 22, 2010

The problem with a sweet tooth

Darcy, my youngest, has a sweet tooth (like her mother and grandmother). If there is chocolate or sugar around she can smell it. If she has money in her pocket it is spent on candy. If she has a few minutes for lunch she will eat her dessert first.

Once my husband poured some M and M's in a bowl inside my china cabinet while Darcy was in the shower.

Tom: "Let's see how many days it takes her to find these."

Darcy: "Days? It will take her exactly 30 seconds to spot that. She will come out of the shower wrapped in a towel. She will look at herself in the mirror of the china cabinet while dancing. She will then spot M and M's."

It happened just like I said. She smiled at her reflection while shimmying her shoulders, then suddenly her eyes widened, her tongue moved across her lips, and she moved slowly toward the candy dish salivating. It was more like 10 seconds.

We found this photo of Darcy while looking through some old photo albums. It explained a lot about her obsession. Just look at those eyes!

This weekend my husband purchased this:

It was lying on the kitchen counter when Darcy strolled through.

Darcy: "These mints don't look too good, but I'll try them anyway!"

Madison: "Uh, Darcy? Those are for the dog."

2 comments:

K Anne said...

I like the new look.

Susan said...

Oh this is funny! My kind of girl:))