Tuesday, August 31, 2010

All this for only a $

The start of school also brought back my weekly outing with my friend SueG.  She works the night shift at the children's hospital so she sleeps during the day.  She has two days off in a row and we get together on the second day, which changes weekly.  Sometimes we get pedicures.  Sometimes we run errands.  Sometimes we see a movie.  We always sneak in some food time.

This week we ran errands in her new car, enjoying the scent of a freshly untainted vehicle.  I was the one that needed to run the errands.  She was my chauffeur.  I laid out the places that I needed to get to and she decided the route that would be most efficient and that would take us to a good place to have lunch.  One of the places I needed to shop at was the Dollar Store and so she pulled in to one that I had never even seen before let alone shopped in.  It turned out to be the biggest Dollar Store we had ever seen.  It was like the Sam's Club of Dollar Stores.  I needed only one item, but of course left with a bag full of things I didn't need.  One of the items was this:


It was near the front by the cash register in that spot that is placed there to entice idiots just like me.  The one that shouts, "Hey, checking out?  You don't want to do that with out putting this little baby in your basket!"  So I stopped, looked, touched, and put in my basket with the rationale of, "Hey, let's try this.  If it doesn't work I can always blog about it! And all for only a dollar!"

I got home with the steaming ball, but the laundry in my dryer was already done.  I decided to try it anyway.  I filled the ball up with water as the directions stated.  It was hard to know when the ball was full because the sponge inside of it kept soaking up the water, but water was also dripping out of the various holes in the ball.


These are the two shirts that I had already dried.  I put them back into the dryer with the steaming ball now full of water.


turned on the machine and wandered off to play farmville explore other possibilities.


When the dryer announced it was finished this was the result.  Hmmm...not so bad, but not exactly looking like a fresh iron had just been run over it.  I decided to try again.


I put in this pair of pants which had also been dried in the dryer.  Very wrinkly shorts that I must iron if I don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed.

Here is what happened with the steaming ball.  Again, not bad, but not perfect.  I give the device a B-.  I shall try it again this time in a load full of wet clothes.  Perhaps there is a difference?  All in all not bad for a buck!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Considering I won't iron...I think the shirts and shorts look great! I must get one of those balls!!!

I love your Steelers light! Glad your room is coming together...just in time for the season:))))

K Anne said...

could that picture of me with the drink and jyoti be any freakier? it looks like my face is stretching. yuck.