Monday, August 29, 2011

Cleaning and filing pictures

My computer is revamped and up and running and hopefully virus free.  I have gone from Windows XP to Windows 2010 and now must learn the new system, which is always very annoying when Tom updates my computer.  One of the things that I've had to do is transfer my old filed emails that I've kept from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010.  In the process of doing this I found old pictures that were emailed to me and that I kept in a folder marked, "pictures".  Since organizing photos is one of my resolutions I've been trying to get these pictures into my picasa and thus into new folders according to date.  A job that use to be easy when I had my old system and one that is now making me beat my head against the wall in the new system.

Since I am doing this instead of blogging I thought I would combine the two and post some of these old photos that I'm working with.  That is called killing two birds with one stone, a horrible analogy when you think about it, but nonetheless exactly what I'm doing.

2001


These were emailed to me by my neighbor Howard who was working with a new camera he had just purchased.  He wasn't too thrilled, according to the email, of the blurry one of Darcy.


 These were emailed from my sis-in-law, Suz, who always keeps the family informed.  Thank goodness she also got informed on a better hairdo!

2002

 This picture came from one of the mother's in our ballet group.  Miss those guys!


Again from Howard...pics of our pool under construction

2003

Hee hee...from Suz

From my friend Cheryl who took this before the recital

2004

They still are best buds! From Suz.

Yes, alcohol was involved.

2005

This came from an employee from school who has since died.  I found several emails from her...odd, but nice to hear her voice.  This was a pasta party at school.

Another Suz photo taken here in Florida at Maddy's soccer game.  Guess I spoke too soon on Susan's hair...

2006

This was another goodie, yet sad, one.  This came from my neighbor Bonnie.  This is a picture of our neighbor Garnet, who died two years ago this summer, on her son's motorcycle.  Miss her dearly!

This photo came from my Auntie Marilyn who said this photo was "after the Easter party" in California where where lives.

2007

From Cheryl again...this is Sarina and Darcy outside the school playground

Gabby playing basketball (from Suz)

This pic came from my mother who received it from her cousin.  Connie is the 4th one from the left and she is holding her boyfriend's hand.  He was her first boyfriend.

2008

This is one Kelly took at the annual "Biggest Beach Party Ever".  What a couple, huh?

This came from my bro-in-law, Clint, who joyfully takes terrible pictures of me and then emails them out to all the family. 

2 comments:

Susan said...

thank you thank you thank you for the trip down memory lane...can we please just go back all those years:((

Michelle said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Rusty (where alcohol played a role). That was hilarious!!! What a great family you have and such wonderful pictures. Makes me miss you guys a lot!