Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week one review

I know people are tired of hearing me whine about this early morning routine and how it has kicked my ass, but I can't explain it enough. I am NOT an early morning person. What those early wormers get accomplished in the early hours I prefer to do in the late bat hours. I like the dark, and not the dark of the hour I'm rising now in the morning, but the comes with a moon darkness.

Hours of Sleep: 31 hours and 17 minutes including nights, naps, and moments asleep at stoplights.

Tasks completed before 9 AM: 9 including cleaning, laundry, ironing, and returning of library books.


Every day I awoke with a headache that increased in intensity each day. It was behind my eyeballs and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't shake it unless I slept. On Friday the headache was gone and so was the feeling of constantly being on a muscle relaxant. After dropping off Darcy yesterday I drove to the library to drop our overdue books in the slot and I found myself closing my eyes at the stoplights and almost drifting off to sleep. Now I know why my friend Kelly blocks off her schedule on her half days on Friday for a long nap. At some point you need that sleep.

Breakfast made: 9

Number of people I whined to about my lack of sleep and terrible new routine: 16 including anyone who asked me how I was like the grocer cashier and a solictor trying to sell me an airconditioning tune-up.


I figured I could make this adjustment in a couple of weeks, but now others in the know are telling me it will be three months until my body regulates itself to this idiotic, not-normal schedule. Three months! When I heard that I think it really hit home that this schedule is here to stay, that it isn't going to magically adjust in a few days to my old days of 7:45 AM wake-up. Next week I'm suppose to return to the gym after dropping off Darcy, but I'm thinking that will be impossible without coming home and falling into bed. I don't know how working people do it. At least as a SAHM I can nap. My friend Cindy, who picks Madison up in the morning, is dying. She too is a night owl and not use to rolling out of bed this early. She now goes into work early and is falling asleep in between working with her patients. It at least makes me feel better that I'm not alone in feeling this way, but I also feel worse for her.

Earliest I went to bed: 10:15 PM...a time I bet I haven't gone to bed at since grade school

Latest I got to bed: 12:15 PM...a time that is impossible to then function at the next day.


The important and bottom line is that I managed. I survived. It is doable with some major adjustments and, despite my hatred of the new schedule, I will suck it up and warrior through it. With a lot of whining along the way... Bare with me.

Number of bags under my eyes: 4

Amounts of caffeine I've consumed: 1 lb.

No comments: