Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hump day musings


  • Just when I think I can maybe have at least respect for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, he goes and says something that makes me remember why I didn't care for him in the first place. After losing in the playoffs to the Denver Broncos, Brady in an interview the next day said he wouldn't watch the Super Bowl. He didn't have "much of a rooting interest" in watching a football game. Seriously? My second thought after hearing this interview replayed on ESPN's Sports Center? And there lies the difference between you and Peyton Manning. Because I can pretty much guarantee that Manning, had he lost, would have watched that game and dissected every single play and filed it away for next season. 
  • At my almost half a century mark, I am finding myself worrying about the rest of what life I have left. I think we have things turned around.  We should be having fun and traveling while we are young and have our health and working when we are older and looking for things to occupy our time.  I'm worried that by the time I'm able to get out and see the things I've missed in life that I won't be able to do so.
  • I realized that this year is going to mark my 20th wedding anniversary.  Boy, twenty years sure went by quickly.  What does one exchange for this milestone?  I mentioned this to my husband while we were out walking the dog.  His response (as usual) was to ask if I was sure this was our 20th.  My response, was to shrug and tell him that my brother had mentioned my marriage in 1994 which made me count the years.  "Where we not married in 1994?" I asked him.  He didn't remember either. Obviously, anniversaries are not high on our lists of concerns.
  • I need a manual that guides me through the high school years, especially the latter years when students begin looking towards their futures.  Maybe after we navigate Madison's way through it I'll write a book titled What to Expect When Their Old Enough to Expect It or something along those lines. Why did that book end after the toddler years?  Maybe it didn't, and I just never read any further.  Hmmm..  Will have to look into that.



No comments: