Thursday, May 19, 2016

AWOL but BACK

It's odd, but I haven't read a book in months. I think my knitting, social media, and clearing out my DVR so that Survivor is sure to tape has ruined my reading. Recently, I took my elementary charge to the library to try to interest her in reading at a more appropriate reading level, and to prove how great reading is, I got myself some books. I was so excited to see that all of my favorite authors had been busy writing and publishing on my hiatus, and I was like a kid in a candy factory.

Her: "How many books are you going to get? Jeez."

Yesterday for the first time in a long time I got back online. I've been so busy reading all of my books that I haven't had time to get online, check in on social media, or work on my knitting. I had so many Facebook notifications that the number was starting to blink on my Apple devices...DO YOU SEE ALL OF THE THINGS YOU ARE MISSING? WHERE ARE YOU?  I slogged through as much of it as I could watching Vines, heart tapping photos, and catching up on friend's and family's crappy political views.

Mainly I haven't been blogging. Sorry about that. The month of May in our school life involves IB testing, and I volunteer as a proctor. I'm in charge of rounding up all of the volunteers, making the schedule, and training them. Because of that, when people don't volunteer or show up or call out I slide in to take their place and end up proctoring way too many days. Proctoring involves sitting and being quiet, and frankly, after hours of doing that I'm worn out. Being quiet? For hours? That's like running a marathon for me. I have to come home and take a nap.

The exams finished today. Madison is home. School is winding down. Summer vacation has finally been approved and is slowly being planned. Life is returning to normal. I'm returning to my computer. Thanks for hanging in there with me and continuing to check in daily! I appreciate it.

No comments: