Sunday, September 11, 2016

2016 - 2017 NFL Sunday Picks - week 1

Okay, here we go again. Thursday nights game was rough, tough and came down to the wire to start the season off. Didn't go so well for my start, however....

Carolina over Denver - Oops.

Atlanta over Tampa Bay - I just don't have the faith quite yet, but the Bucs seem to do better away than they do at home so maybe they will start off hot seeing as how the first two games are far from Raymond James Stadium. In the meantime, I took the Falcons.

Tennessee over Minnesota - I had it the other way until Teddy Bridgewater almost lost his leg.

Kansas City over San Diego - Toss up for me here. I went with the home team.

New Orleans over Oakland - I've heard the Raiders buzz, but like the Bucs I'll have to see it. I went with the more experienced quarterback at home.

Cincinnati over Jets - Now is the time if the Bengals want to shut up the critics.

Philadelphia over Cleveland - It's the beginning of the season so I played it safe, but deep down, deep down this could be the break the Browns have been searching for since, well, since forever.

Green Bay over Jacksonville - Now I have to root for Aaron Rodgers since he's one of my fantasy football quarterbacks. I didn't draft him, it was the computer, but hell...

Baltimore over Buffalo - Preseason doesn't mean a darn thing. The Ravens win.

Houston over Chicago - The Texans defense vs. Cutler, jeez, is he still playing?

Seattle over Miami - The Dolphins acquired some decent players in the off season, but will it mesh?

Giants over Dallas - If the Giants want to start out well, this is a big one to make a statement.

Indianapolis over Detroit - The Colts at home? I'm not a big believer yet that Andrew Luck is suffering, thus my pick.

Arizona over New England - Well, this could be that the Pats make a statement without their main man Tom Brady. Unfortunately, I had my picks locked in before Carson Palmer gave his opinion on Brady's suspension. Way to fire up an already annoyed team and leader, Palmer.

Pittsburgh over Washington - Go Steelers!

San Francisco over Los Angeles - Will anyone besides Californians even be up for this one?








No comments: