Friday, November 03, 2017

10 month 2017 resolution check

I tried to consciously remember and perform well with these resolutions the past two months. I think I did fairly well.

I grade from 1-10. I have yet to reach 100% in keeping my resolutions. Already in just reading the first one I know that isn't happening this check in either.

  1. To cut down on my use of the word “fuck” - My almost three week trip to Indiana helped with this one. I can tame it when I need to and being around smaller peeps had me cracking the whip on my mouth. I've done fairly well since being home. I call that improvement.  Grade:  7
  2. To be better in touch with family, especially those who live locally. - SnapChat is the bomb for this one! Check and check. I snap daily with cousins, aunts, brother, inlaws, daughters. Well, on my side of the family. I check in via phone with my MIL. My SIL Julie always checks on me. I think I've conquered this one. Grade: 10
  3. To lose weight…any amount. - Yikes! This is the one that gets me every year. I need to move on. Or keep it until it is the only thing left? Grade: 0
  4. To Rent/Sell The Condo and the Wyndham: Yes! I am still on this one, at least where The Condo is concerned. Brother arrives Sunday and we have a meeting with the realtor on Monday. I've already met with her and we have crunched numbers and done research. That's pretty stellar! Grade: 8
  5. To write a romance novel. - Still rolling with this one. I have entered a contest where I was given feedback and scores from three judges; 100%, 98%, and 68%. I took some of the advice and have entered another. I'm researching like crazy because I think I lack quite a bit, but I'm still trudging through this resolution and am still determined!  Grade: 10
  6. To find my next chapter, by trying new things, and by learning to deal with whatever is going on in my head. - I did well with this in the beginning, but I've slacked some since then. My trip to Indiana should count since I flew by myself, paid for it with free points that I figured out all on my own and dealt with, and put up with family all by myself. Tee Hee. That was a joke, family. I'm also going to add Hurricane Irma in here because I feel I stepped up on that one too which was new. But I truly have not found my next chapter yet, a groove so to speak, and my head? Yeah, I'm beginning to think there is no cure for that. Grade: 8
Total:43 out of 60 - Better than last month! Better than fifty percent! I'll take it. Two more months of conquering! Go Me!

No comments: