Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Out of the mouths of my babes

My garage is full of stuff from The Condo. Some of it was mine to begin with because once I realized I had a second "storage unit" I hauled up containers of my kids' long forgotten toys that I they wanted to keep. Now those containers are back in my garage along with several more containers of my mother's stuff, and for several days I've attempted to go through the stuff, making more of a mess than anything. Today I decided was the day to finish up at least the containers of toys.

I sorted through baby dolls and clothing. I bagged Barbie furniture and threw away parts that had no mates. I got rid of the Light Bright that I loved, but my kids really could have cared less about. I gave away the Little People "modern" house and all the things that went inside of it. I packed away the Nerf guns for Darcy to use next year during her college's Humans vs. Zombie week long contest. I went from five containers of stuff to three, and was patting myself on the back for making a clearer path through the garage from our kitchen to the outside world.

The last thing I did was the Barbies. We had BAGS of Barbies, about fifty of these beauties with the body I'd kill for right now. Because Darcy had mentioned previously about certain Barbies she wanted to keep, I came up with the greatest idea. I lined up six Barbies and put numbers under the feet. Then I texted Darcy:

Me: "Okay, so I'm sending 7 different pics. Using the numbers below, tell me which Barbies you want to keep. Here are pictures #1 and #2




Darcy: "I feel like a dirty politician ordering a prostitute."

No comments: