Monday, February 12, 2018

I don't have horns

My brother likes to refer to me often as "Little Connie" and I give it back to him as he portrays both my parents in so many ways. Aren't we all, in some way, a replica of our parents? While with my SIL and her sister in Sanibel, Susan kept referring to her sister as "Little Geneva" as in their mother. Gina does have many of the same traits as their mother such as height, facial features, and the same gait. Susan, however, saw more. She thought Gina used the same mannerisms, ordered food like her mother, and asked the same sort of questions of people. I agreed that some of the things Gina did reminded me of their mother, but then I overheard Susan say something to her sister that reminded me of their father. I took to calling Susan "Little Mike".

Susan: "Okay, little Geneva."
Gina: "I can't help it."
Me: "You're Little Geneva and Susan is Little Mike. It's just the way things go. That's your new nicknames. You have become your parents."
Gina: "What name are we giving Cara?"
Susan: "One that fits. Little Devil."

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yes you do! tee hee!

A simple life said...

LOL!