Saturday, February 10, 2018

Out of the mouths of someone else

Recently while SnapChatting with my SIL Susan (ok, it is almost a daily occurrance because whoa! a lot happens each day in our life) she had to plug in her phone so she wouldn't lose me. She plugged it in, sat at her desk and we chatted. She had just finished making and eating breakfast when she pulled out a bag of Doritos.


Gabby: "Mom! It's not even 11:00 a.m. and you're eating chips?"
Susan: "Yes, I am. Cara, have you seen these? Doritos Blaze. Gabby says they are great."
Me: "Ugh. Yeah, that's giving me reflux just thinking about eating them."
Susan: "I'm going to try them."


Susan: "Wow, look at this chip. It even smells hot just holding it in my hand."
Me: "Yep, not even tempted to want to try those. You're 50 now. You have to start watching what you eat."

She popped the chip into her mouth and no sooner did she swallow and she was reaching for a glass of water and fanning her mouth.

Gabby: "Is it hot?"
Susan: "Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. That's hot."
Me: "Yuck. Drink some milk."
Susan: "Oh, my gosh, that was hot. How did you eat half this bag already, Gabby?"
Gabby: "I liked them. I like spicy stuff."
Susan: "That's just crazy. There is no way. That was all I'm eating. Hand me my bag of Funyans."

No comments: