Sunday, September 09, 2018

2018 NFL Football Picks - week 1

Who's ready for some football? Yeah, with all the drama surrounding my own team, I'm not sure I'm one of them--typical nonsense from the Steelers once again. WHEN? WHEN WILL IT END? Well, it will end after the Steelers part ways with Le'Veon Bell, and that ain't happening this year. So...here we go!

The first week is always flying blind as the teams show us what they've really got after the preseason effort. Toss up, a toss-up. Let's see how well I...guessed.

Philadelphia over Atlanta - The Eagles will still be hyped from the Bowl. I'm going with them.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - The Browns have spent some money this year, and excitement is in Cleveland's air despite the King heading out of town. But, there is always a but when it comes to the Browns, a shadow continually hangs over their football team. Plus, I rarely bet against my team.

Cincinnati over Indianapolis - Don't know much yet about either team and wasn't sure which QB was playing for the Colts, so I went with the team that was better last year.

Miami over Tennessee - The offseason problem is that I have to pay attention at least for this first-week picks. I didn't do much of that outside my own team. I went with the home team here because my nephew Ted likes them.

Minnesota over San Francisco - This was my toss-up game. Like many of the teams this year, the 49ers spent some dough. Richard Sherman on defense? Didn't know that until after my picks. We shall see how it goes.

New England over Houston - Yeah, Brady? Not betting against him in week one.

New Orleans over Tampa Bay - The Bucs quarterback is out for several weeks, so we have old-timer against old-timer. I went with the more experienced old-timer. Drew Brees.

Jacksonville over Giants - Again, went with last years' teams. We shall see if Odell Beckham Jr. earns his large paycheck and brings home a win.

Baltimore over Buffalo - The Ravens at home? Wasn't betting against that.

Kansas City over Chargers - Tossed a coin. Now I wish I had gone the other way.

Seattle over Denver - Eeany, Meany, but went with the experienced Wilson.

Arizona over Washington - The Cardinals are another team that everyone is talking about, so I went with the talk and the home-field advantage.

Carolina over Dallas - I just don't like the Cowboys ownership--or their coach. Or the players. Nothing more than that.

Green Bay over Chicago - The hype for the Packers is big this year, so I hopped on that bandwagon this pick. Besides, the Packers always do well against the Bears.

Detroit over Jets - Uh, yeah, these two teams will definitely have to give us a peek before I can make decisions on picks.

Oakland over Rams - Hottie old-timer John Gruden against the hottie newbie? I like what Gruden has done in the offseason despite my love for the Rams sexy coach.

No comments: