Sunday, September 23, 2018

2018 NFL picks - week 3

Week 1 - 10-5
Week 2 - 7-8
Overall - 17-13

I think my Yahoo Football Pick'em game needs to add a "tie" column, huh? Another tie game and the research teams on the networks just might come unhinged. Football has started with a bang; tie games, team drama, rule controversy. Pretty much same old, same old. 


Cleveland over Jets - I'm going with the Browns tonight at home. They've had enough practice now to get it right.


Atlanta over New Orleans - I've only gotten to see a few teams thus far into the season, so I'm flying blind still on some picks. The Falcons won big last week after losing big in week 1. I agonized over this pick, not having seen much of the Falcons, and then went with them at home.


Kansas City over San Francisco - Supposedly, this team and this quarterback are the NFL's second comings. After last week's game, you don't have to convince me.


Miami over Oakland - I really thought John Gruden would sculpt this Raider team into a winning group, but they've failed to show up so far. The Dolphins, on the other hand, are showing they are the real deal.


Minnesota over Buffalo - If the Bills have team members retiring during halftime of games, how am I suppose to believe they are any good? 


Philadelphia over Indianapolis - It's the return of the Eagles' Carson Wentz at home. Yikes! Talk about pressure. It should be an interesting game, but I went with emotions. Plus, the Eagles got beat last week and aren't going to let that happen, especially on such an important day.


Green Bay over Washington - The other Gruden isn't doing so well with his team either. I don't see his team doing anything this week against the Packers' old school quarterback.


Cincinnati over Carolina - It's a toss-up for me on which division team I hate more, the Bengals or the Ravens, but I can't dispute that they have their shit together as a team and are winning.


Jacksonville over Tennesee - Throw a coin for this game.


Baltimore over Denver - John Elway had better go back to the drawing board. Not sure what is happening in Denver, and I don't see them winning on the Ravens field this week.


Giants over Houston - The Giants issues aren't as drama related as the Steelers, but both teams have far better weapons and quarterbacks, and this week I think they show up to play.


Rams over the Chargers - Flying blind again here. I always seem to miss those teams that play in the late afternoon, so I've not gotten a chance to observe these teams. As usual, well, I am a romance writer. I'm going with sex-on-a-stick Coach McVay.


Chicago over Arizona - What is happening with the Cardinals? I have no idea.


Seattle over Dallas - Again, these later teams... I haven't seen the Cowboys play yet, and so this game was a coin tosser too. I went with Wilson and company at home despite their wishy-washy play.


New England over Detroit - Uh, are the Lions even showing up?


Pittsburgh over Tampa Bay - Oh, boy. This should be an exciting game. Monday Night Football. Tampa's feel-good quarterback story vs. Tampa's idiotic quarterback story vs. Pittsburgh's locker room drama vs. Pittsburgh's no-show running back. You know the MNF staff is rubbing their collective palms at how much material they will have to discuss and run. 


I've got tickets for the game and am contemplating wearing my Bucs shirt under my Steelers shirt. I'm a fan when they aren't playing my team, but how can you not get excited about the Bucs' first two weeks? Their locker room is full of giddiness and antics. But I've got faith in my boys this week. We always play well on Monday night, and I'm hoping enough big boys stepped up and smacked around the big babies. Tomlin's livelihood is certainly on the line at this point as it should be, and I hope the owners have taken stock of how Dan Rooney did things and given their own lectures.


It should be a good football night for once.

No comments: