Sunday, September 30, 2018

2018 NFL Picks - week 4

Last Week - 10-6
Overall - 28-19

Rams over Minnesota - Vikings haven't decided which end is up after the loss against the Bills. Won't find it this week.


Atlanta over Cincinnati - Tossup. Either way. I think my hatred drove me to the Falcons.


Chicago over Tampa Bay - Hmmm...Tampa may pull this one-off, but obviously, I didn't believe that at the time I made my picks.


Dallas over Detroit - I haven't seen the Cowboys yet, but they're at home, and I figured they have to put it together at some point, right?


Green Bay over Buffalo - If the Bills win against Aaron Rodgers and company, we football media journalists might have to rethink things. (Like how I lumped myself in there?)


Philadelphia over Tennessee - I just didn't feel the Eagles would lose.


Indianapolis over Houston - I think the Colts offense will rally this week. Note the "I think."


New England over Miami - If the Pats lose today, the world might crumble. I get it Pats fans, I get it. I struggled with this pick, but I'm going with the experience and the will to win from Tom Brady.


Jacksonville over Jets - I lost a good friend this week. He was 45 years old and died of cardiac arrest. He was a huge Jets fan, and every time I hear the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets chant, I think of Patrick. Always have. Unfortunately, I don't have faith in them that Patrick had over the years. Where ever he is, I hope he still gets to see his beloved football.


Oakland over Cleveland - I think the Raiders do it this week.


Seattle over Arizona - Not too sure of the Cardinals' offense thus far, so I went with the Seahawks and Russell Wilson.


New Orleans over Giants - This will probably be another throw fest. I just hope for Eli Manning-it isn't into the hands of the Saints' defense.


Chargers over San Francisco - I don't know, do the 49ers even have another quarterback? Their main man is gone for the year, and a no-name (although he started a few games in 2017) is taking the field today. But, really, if Garrappolo couldn't lead this team, how much faith was I suppose to give to C.J. Beathard?


Pittsburgh over Baltimore - I do not feel we have our shit together to take out this team, but I like to pretend that my faith is stronger than my feelings. Plus, it's a night game. Plus, we still have stuff to prove?


Kansas City over Denver - I'm thinking now is the time to jump on the bandwagon and say that this is the year the Chiefs just might take the whole enchilada. They've got the weapons and the leader and have been hovering for a couple of years. Keep it together, and they might just win the Big Bowl.

No comments: