Sunday, October 07, 2018

2018 NFL picks - week 5

Last Week 11-4
Overall - 39-23

New England over Indianapolis - I don't believe for a minute the Pats are in trouble.

Buffalo over Tennessee - One of my switcheroo games. I think the Bills fool people again today with this game.

Cincinnati over Miami - Every time I think the Dolphins might be a football team to watch they peter out and they won't change that today against a hot Bengals team

Baltimore over Cleveland - The Browns are trying. They might pull it off this week, but that thought it wasn't enough to have me pick them.

Green Bay over Detroit - A lot of toss-up games with close finishes expected this week, and I think this will be one of them, but how do you bet against Aaron Rodgers?

Kansas City over Jacksonville - Surprisingly, many peeps are thinking the Jags can take this game. With the Chiefs offense against the Jags defense, this is another good game to keep an eye on this week. I just think the Chiefs eke out a win.

Jets over Denver - My other switcheroo game. Neither team has impressed thus far beyond the Jets first win, but if ever they get a win, this is the shot against a bottom defensive team that must travel across the county.

Pittsburgh over Atlanta - These teams have let down their fan base, not to mention the experts who predicted they might meet up in the big game. Another slugfest is expected between the two quarterbacks and the two wide receivers. My question is, will the Steelers defense and secondary line show up for redemption?

Carolina over Giants - Who cares? That's what I thought when it came to this game. About the only thing exciting with Carolina is what Cam Newton will wear to the postgame interview, and with the Giants it is will, Odell Beckham earn his big paycheck.

Chargers over Oakland - I certainly don't believe that last week's Raiders win was the beginning of a fantastic year. John Gruden is still rusty, and his team still has 

Philadelphia over Minnesota - This isn't the rematch of last year's big game, people, but I don't expect the outcome to be any different 

Arizona over San Francisco - Another game with mediocre teams that will come down to who wants it more and the Cardinals excitement at winning last week might give them a slight edge against a team that can't keep players healthy

Rams over Seattle - I like the Rams over an Earl Thomas-less Seahawks defense.

Houston over Dallas - A night game snore. Both teams rallied last week late in the games to celebrate in their respective locker rooms, but only one can prevail tonight. I like the Cowboys least, so I went with the Texans. Nothing scientific about this pick

New Orleans over Washington - Drew Brees goes to the air and earns more accolades.

No comments: