Sunday, November 10, 2019

NFL 2019-2020 picks week 10

Apparently, someone from my husband's work is reading my blog. Before he gave up the URL, my husband read "four entries". I guessed that was to make sure it was appropriate to pass to a co-worker as I recently told him he was fodder for the blog. He had a few things to say, mainly pointing out inaccuracies in my entry on the opossum.

Me: "What was incorrect?"

Him: "The whole husband's mindset and leaving the door opened."

Me: "You do have that mindset. You believe if a burglar wants to get into a house, he will."

Him: "He will."

Me: "Exactly. So, that wasn't incorrect. As for the leaving the door opened, was the garage door and the front door opened when I got home that night?"

Him: "It was."

Me: "And when you left the house this morning while Madison and I were still tucked into bed, did you leave the front door open?"

Him: "Okay, well you have way too much football stuff on your blog. I'm just letting you know that as a novice and new reader to the blog, it's too much football."

Hello, Tom's co-worker, thanks for taking an interest. FYI...I write about the NFL on Sunday and Monday for those who have an interest and for those who don't, but who read me so they have something to discuss by the water cooler on Mondays as if they do watch football. Skip those days during the season if you have zero interest!

Last Week 8-6
Overall 78-57
Madison 0-2

Oakland over Chargers - I said last year the Raiders would build up to be a team to watch. They're getting there.

Detroit over Chicago - Maddy picked Chicago. So did Darcy who was home and included. Tom and I went with the Lions so we have a split here at home. Now I'm thinking maybe I should've gone with the home team.

Baltimore over Cincinnati - Yeah, uh, no brainer.

Buffalo over Cleveland - Both teams are meh. The Browns are at home so there is that small advantage. Maddy leaned more toward the Browns. I stayed with my original gut feeling.

Kansas City over Tennessee - Patrick Mahomes back this week? Either way, I like the Chiefs for this one.

New Orleans over Atlanta - Both coming back from a bye. Yeah, who we kidding?

Giants over Jets - Again, hard not to go this way.

Tampa Bay over Arizona - Maddy's and Darcy's pick went to Arizona. I went against their advice. Call me a rebel.

Indianapolis over Miami - This week seems like a no-brainer, although there is always a chance.

Green Bay over Carolina - The Packers had a lousy last week. The Panthers lost Cam Newton for the season this week. Aaron Rodgers won't lose again.

Pittsburgh over Rams - No one is picking my Steelers. You know my feeling...gotta support my team. Defense! Defense! Defense!

Dallas over Minnesota - I went with the home team. This should be a good game tonight.

San Francisco over Seattle - I had the 49ers but I don't believe it will be easy against Russell Wilson who is in the MVP talk already for this season. Good MNF game for a change.

No comments: