Friday, November 29, 2019

Indiana trip - the end




There was snow on the ground when we got to Indiana. It slowly, slowly disappeared each day. My birthday was a good one despite not feeling well that evening with a sore throat. We went to an Italian place I've never been to before, and Susan made a cake for me.

It was also when I found out my daughter had lost her wallet the night before. She dropped it after leaving a friend's apartment. She spent all day Sunday retracing her steps. Nothing. She lost her license, credit cards, debit cards, her dorm key, and a Wawa gift card. The gift card was linked to her app on her phone, and two days later, it was used to buy gas at a Wawa.

Mankind sucks.





Back in Indiana, my brother and SIL took us on adventures. Most of them involved eating. Tom purchased a charcuterie board for Susan, and she and I made that for dinner one night to go with our chicken noodle soup. The soup was in hopes it would cure me of my severe illness.



When we Indiana six days later, the snow was pretty much gone. The weather was supposed to move up in digits, and this time I got to ride an airplane as the sick one. It was an uneventful ride home, and when we exited the airport, it was to find Florida going through a cold spell.

In the fifties.

We laughed.

Thanks to my Indiana relatives for the hospitality. I won the card games. The food, as always, was superior. My SIL is a wonderful hostess who does EVERYTHING. Hopefully, I haven't infected anyone.

Hugs.

No comments: