Monday, March 23, 2020

Quarantine - week two, day one


I made them say "quarantine" instead of cheese. They were not amused.

We left our suite yesterday morning, bright and early. We had to get special permission to go into Darcy's dorm, but she didn't have her medications beyond Spring Break, and the person in charge begrudgingly allowed her entrance, so we stopped there and took as much stuff as we could carry and fit in the cars. Her roommate had already moved out. It was forlorn.


Madison: "I feel like we just moved you in."

We will have to move her out sometime. Supposedly, they aren't doing that now, despite signs posted in the parking lot suspending parking fees for students moving out. We washed our hands every time we entered and exited, and I impressed the girls by using my feet to maneuver the elevators. We were in and out in less than an hour.

Tom is happy to have another male in the house. The two of them did manly things like take a trip to Home Depot for mulch. Again, the husband is not getting it. From the Depot, they picked up groceries, and then they did computer stuff.


This morning we hopped out of bed and met in the street for exercise. We stretched then each went our separate, social distancing, way. Madison had a virtual work meeting. Darcy and Oleg ran. I walked and then came home and did a burn video that included killing my abs. While everyone got ready to begin working, I watched our online church service from yesterday, and I have to say, it lifted me up and got me motivated to kick this quarantine shit in the butt.

Then we went to work.





We got this. Not sure for how long, but for now--we got this.


No comments: