Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Quarantine week two, day three

We agreed late last night, Wednesday would be an exercise off day, meaning we were on our own. Darcy had shin splints from running, Oleg's quads were tight, and I needed a later wake-up call. Our good morning was not as cheery and uplifting as it was Monday and Tuesday. We are also consuming more coffee than usual.

So much for my New Year's resolution.

Madison's office is in the kitchen, and her day begins at eight o'clock--coffee with the staff where they discuss the previous day and the plan for today. The kids start arriving virtually for Madison's class by 8:30, and since we are in her office brewing coffee and making breakfast, she gives herself a fake background, so we aren't visible. The kids get a big kick out of thinking Madison is at the beach or fishing off a pier.

Today, Oleg went right to work. Darcy had a video conference call with her college advisor. In Florida, all state college students must do one summer of three courses, and this was to be Darcy's summer. Last night, her college officially announced it would all be done virtually, and so she had plenty to discuss with her advisor. My kid is not very happy about the interruption to her academic year.

I've discovered a handful of online entertainment sites on Instagram. I highly recommend Jimmy Kimmel! I watched those sites this morning poolside with my coffee before following Darcy down the street (she pretends she is walking to class) and then starting my day.

We've gotten outside for grocery shopping and a run to Walgreens last evening when I decided I needed a cocktail. We are being cautious and wash our hands and strip to shower upon our return. Today's outing is driving through Chick-fil-A for lunch.

All still better than losing my power during hurricane season, so I'm always thankful. Especially in our 80-degree heat!

Stay safe!

No comments: