Monday, January 03, 2022

Wrapping up 2021

  • Completed several projects, leased vehicles, and replaced the hated refrigerator Tom purchased on his own one day when I was out of town. 
  • Took a few trips to the other coast to help Oleg secure housing. This not only got me out of the house and back among people, but it reminded me how much I enjoy swimming for exercise. 
  • Got the college students graduated during a pandemic.

  • Weighed the pros and cons and got vaccinated. Then received the booster.
  • Continued walking with the neighbors until we were hiking 3 miles a day. Added water aerobics to my routine when the summer months knocked us back down to a mile.
  • Hosted Easter and Thanksgiving. Skipped Halloween.

  • Had success in my writing career by participating in an RWA event where unpublished authors were paired up with a published mentor. Completed book two with my mentor. Wrote 50,000 + words on the third during NaNoWriMo. Took several writing courses via Zoom. Met my mentor in person and accompanied her to a book signing. Had my head shots done. Got my pen name. Started out on social media to build a following.
  • Moved Darcy home. Moved Oleg to the other coast. Contemplated painting the inside of my house and then shoved it off for 2020.
  • Lost good friends to various ailments and old age. Despite differences of opinions regarding politics and covid, managed to keep friendly with family and friends.


  • Spent time with family from out of town in person.
  • Helped with and attended a writer's conference.
  • Went through several ailments with the dog and got to know our new vet.
  • Dog sat for a friend and enjoyed the time to myself.
  • Flew on an airplane.
  • Discovered Tom Ellis and Lucifer

  • Had dinner plans twice a month with a friend and her family
  • Went on a girl's trip even though it was only locally.
  • Won a writing contest

  • Managed to stay healthy with only one round of antibiotics for a sinus infection. This does not include my chronic back pain, sciatic nerve issues, or piriformis muscle pain. Did reawaken my plantar fasciitis which has been dormant for 24 years. Will need more mental health work in 2022.
  • Enjoyed having my girls back home in the nest.

I call the year a good one! Looking forward to an even better one this year. Thanks for reading, peeps!

1 comment:

Barry said...

Happy New Year and congrats on t he writing recognition