Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Week of School Summary


  1. It is still dark out at 6:45 in the morning.

  2. Had I known that two days out of the five my girls would have to come to school wearing their PE clothes I could have saved money on the number of uniforms I purchased.

  3. Lots of changes were made this year, but the early notification on events was not one of them.

  4. It took only one day before I had to start dragging the girls out of bed.

  5. The teachers believe in making the parents suffer by handing out homework on the first day. Hey, even the teachers got a week to get acclimated!

  6. I hate making lunches.

  7. Backpacks take up quite a bit of space in my small house.

  8. It took one week exactly for the first test for my fifth grader; two of them: vocabulary and spelling.

  9. The teachers are still smiling.

  10. Why do I need a notary to okay my signature when I'm filling out forms on my own child? Like what, I'm going to have someone else fill it out incorrectly and then sign my name?

  11. Can't they just send out a change form instead of the same papers year after year? It takes everything I have not to write "same as last year and the year before that".

  12. We are ready for a vacation (hello, Labor Day and DisneyWorld).

  13. Eight hours is a long time to be without my girls!

No comments: