Wednesday, August 26, 2009

From the email box

I got this yesterday and some of them were so good I thought I had to share them. I'm thinking this might be a weekly blog topic for some of us. Enjoy!

Random Thoughts

  1. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my own neighborhood. - So true...I've started highlighting at #5 and print only those sections.
  2. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVD's? I don't want to have to restart my movie collection again. - I look at all my kids' videos and wonder what in the world we will do with them in five years. Yet, I refuse to purchase them in DVD form knowing that they too will be obsolete.
  3. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but that more directly involves me. - For me, everyone's story reminds me of a story that I just know they will want to hear.
  4. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. - Rarely happens to me....(kidding)
  5. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. - The nice thing about being a SAHM and the kids head off to school.....naps when you want them!
  6. I would rather try to carry ten plastic grocery bags in each hand than take two trips to bring my groceries in. - Of course, now I have my canvas reusables, but it still holds true for them as well.
  7. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. - Hear that Kelly? I'll do it for you!
  8. LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say or to add". - I hate this acronym. It is one of my pet peeves.
  9. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger. - Okay, maybe this one isn't so hard, but controlling it is.
  10. Bad decisions make for great blogging. - Backed into a mailman lately?
  11. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever. - For me it means I won't be purchasing it ever.
  12. As a driver I hate pedestrians and as a pedestrian I hate drivers. - I think about this one a lot in the parking lot of the grocery. I park, walk into the grocery, and get so annoyed at the driver's who do not yield for us. After I shop, load up the car and head out of the parking lot I get so annoyed at those pedestrians that just can't wait a minute for me to pass.
  13. I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit. - Some do and hightail it around us.
  14. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys, hitting the G-spot, and pinning the tail on the donkey, but I'd bet my life that everyone can push the snooze button from 3 feet away in 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time. - Did it this morning!

1 comment:

Susan said...

LOL hahahahahahaha good post!