Friday, August 21, 2009

Out of the mouths of someone else's babe - Sydney

Today was spent with SueG who has younger children, Sydney who is four and Alex who is eight. We started out at the local pool by the beach but a storm rolled in and so we ended up at the pool at my house where it was not storming. Before we entered the house I spoke to the young children.

Me: "Now listen up, guys. Miss Cara has some stuff in the playroom that is not to be touched. It is messy in because I 'm working on a project and I had to leave the stuff out. Leave it alone and don't mess with it."

Sydney - "What is it?"

Me: "It's a bunch of crap, but I don't want you to touch it."

I unlocked the door and let them into the house. Immediately both went right to the entrance of the playroom. I came up behind them to reiterate again the importance of not messing with my items. Instead, I heard the following exchange:

Alex - "There it is right there."

Sydney - "Yep. That's the crap."


No comments: