Saturday, August 01, 2009

Scenes from my vacation

Picture #1 - This is a four-way stop where we obeyed the law and stopped. I'm the only one who noticed this maxi pad with the smiling face pasted to the sign, but I didn't get my camera out before we were moving again. Susan was a good sport and managed to turn the car around twice so that I could capture this on film. 

Picture # 2 - One of the many branches of blueberries that we picked clean the day we went picking. We had four bushes and we cleaned all four bushes of 6 lbs. of blueberries in roughly 30 minutes. We used them in oatmeal, cakes, salads, crunches, and pancakes. We didn't make a dent in the bowl. Susan is still eating them to this day.

Picture #3 - One of the many dishes we whipped up for dinner at Susan's house. No, this meal was from Bar Louie, an expensive restaurant for lunchtime. This was a BBQ chicken salad with onion straws and garlic bread. The dressing was a BBQ Ranch. I felt the presentation was much better than the actual salad.

Picture #4 - My favorite meal in Indiana - Donut Bank donuts and Indiana corn. The meal belonged to my niece's son. He had the corn and sat across from me where someone had put down the plate with the donut. He saw that and asked if he could sample it. I pushed it toward him and told him absolutely he could have that donut. Goes well with corn.

Picture #5 - What I call an "arty" photo. This was in the Amish town of Shipshewana in one of the few shops open after 6:00 PM. Not much besides the usual tourist crap, but Susan and I love that stuff so we were quite happy. Not to mention a tad goofy...
Picture #6 - This little 7 oz. beers went down quite smooth with a little lime wedge. Nothing like tiny beers on a warm evening spent grilling our dinner!

2 comments:

Susan said...

LOVE the photos all over again! Glad you took 600!!!!

K Anne said...

Wherever did you get those adorable little coronas?