Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last day of vacation

On our last day, we explored the capitol that morning where a farmer's market was happening in front of the capitol building. We enjoyed some pastries and wonderful lattes at a cafe across the street.


After our breakfast, we headed over to explore the market. It was so beautiful I had to take a photo. There is nothing like the midwest for fruits and vegetables. I so wanted to buy a suitcase and pack it with corn, melon, potatoes, and carrots. I also found my mint that I have been wanting to grow at my house, but alas, because I was flying I had to leave without it.





We flew from Madison to Chicago where we had to walk from one end of the O'Hare airport to the other end. It took us 25 minutes and when I sat down my legs were jittering as if I had worked out on the elliptical. Madison and I went to the bathroom and were standing at a kiosk buying water when we looked up to see our friends in the airport. I knew they were heading home that day from the Windy City, and before I left to hit the bathroom I had suggested to Darcy that she text them. Turns out we were on the same flight. They had four seats four rows behind us.



Kelly picked us up at the airport and we ended the night with some shakes at Steak n' Shakes (along with some burgers and fries) before heading home to reality.



Another good vacation comes to an end.

No comments: