Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Back in the saddle

I have been MIA from blogging but right now my life is crazy. I've acquired a dog, had a mother in the hospital again, kids home for the holidays, an in-law in the hospital, and construction on my home. Who has time to write?

This week I returned. The hospital patients are home. The kids are back in school. I've crated the dog with the belief he will live. The husband has taken over the construction by grabbing a paintbrush and I've returned to a normal routine. I've been to the gym, I've grocery shopped, and I've even purchased Christmas gifts.

I have three weeks left before the family arrives for the holidays. Left on the list to do before that happens is the following:

  • A house to be painted
  • Tile to be laid.
  • A dining table to be purchased.
  • Christmas decorations to put up. 
Negativity surrounds me. Many others have commented on how none of those list items will be finished. I am choosing to ignore those people and to focus instead on accomplishing it all.

Today, I'm waiting on the tile man to measure and submit his estimate. The second set of painters have been instructed to give me a bid and a start time with the understanding it must be completed prior to Christmas.

I've also posted some blog entries.

I am a woman on a mission. I am back!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Thank goodness! I thought I had lost you to the forgotten world!!! Welcome back...and as long as your pool is available and you provide sunshine, I'm good:)))))