Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new

A check of the 2009 resolutions I made at the start of the year:
  1. To work on being patient and to not react hysterically like my forefathers. New motto: "Let it go" - These last two months were tough, but I think I held it together quite well considering my past and my family history. Thus I shall consider this still a work in progress but a successful one. Score: 9
  2. To get back on my exercise track, lose 15 pounds, and live comfortably with my body however it may turn out. - Other than walking the dog, which saves me from a zero score, I didn't do this resolution. I live in this body but not as comfortable as I could if I had shed those fifteen pounds.  Score: 1.
  3. To get to the beach at least twice a month. Cold weather in November kept me home but overall I'd say I made it to the beach half of the months. Score: 5
  4. To get birthday cards and gifts out on time. Now, this isn't an official resolution, but one I added on to my blog, and one I just can't seem to get a handle on. It will continue to be a resolution until I master it, I swear. Score: 2
Total for the year: 123 points out of a possible 240. At least I got more than half! But the one I feel I really kept was working on being more patient. I'm going to say that I did really well with that one!

Resolutions for 2010:
  • To study one subject (can be anything) once a month.
  • To see a movie once a month.
  • To get into a cleaning routine and keep my house straightened.
  • To relax in general and to not react hysterically, especially when it comes to the dog.
  • To keep working on getting out birthday cards/gifts on time!
Happy New Year Everyone! May 2010 be a better, healthier and great new year for all.

No comments: