Thursday, December 03, 2009

One thing leads to another

Here is how it goes:

PAINTING

  • I want to get the house exterior painted before Christmas. I have decided on paint and now need painters. My problem is that my neighbors want the job, but they also have other responsibilities and they are also realizing the job won't be a breeze. I have a painting company who gave me an estimate, but I don't know if they can do the job before the holidays. I can't call them until I know if my neighbors are going to take the job or not. My neighbors can't decide right now because one of them is out of town.
  • I can't set up our outside Christmas decorations because I keep hoping my house will get painted.
  • I can't set up my inside Christmas decorations until the outside of the house is painted because all the Christmas stuff is stored together and it would be a major pain in the arse to haul all the boxes down, get out just the indoor decorations, haul the boxes back up so that we can get the van into the garage at night, and then start all over again once the house is painted.

TILING

  • The tile was picked out and the tile man cometh. I liked him a lot. He designed my whole floor with three different sized tiles. He spent an hour with me and also gave me a quote to do my kitchen. My husband arrived home, saw the quote, and denounced the tile man as deranged. I went back to another tile place to see if their quote was along the same lines. Unfortunately, this tile man (also a neighbor) was sick. I got five tiles to bring home, but he has yet to come over to measure and give me a quote.
  • I can't put up my inside Christmas decorations until I know whether or not I'm getting tile before the holiday. The first tile man can't do it before the first of the year. The second tile man thought he could. I am in limbo.
  • I can't get a Christmas tree until I know what is happening with the tile because if the tile isn't coming then we have to clean the carpet, move the furniture back into the room and put up the tree in that room. If the tile is coming then we have to decide where to put the tree in another room. If we choose the playroom, which is the largest area with space, then we have to wait until the tile is done so that we can move the furniture out of the playroom and back into the newly tiled room to make room for the tree.

STEELERS 

  • I need to get my Steelers back on track and to do that I must fly my flag, but I can't put my flag back up because it goes on the poles outside my house and until the house is painted my husband will not let me put holes for the pole. I can't hang my flag unless I put holes in the pole to attach the flag holder.

1 comment:

K Anne said...

Regarding getting out Christmas decorations for the inside only and how you can't do that: why not just get out the inside decorations, put them up, put the leftover boxes of outdoor decorations in the playroom (now the junk and extra crap storage room) and then you can still get the van in the garage?