Friday, October 15, 2010

And now back to the slides

I've occasionally gone back to copying slides on to my computer while doing other computer chores because my mother-in-law is wanting her scanner back.  I still have tons of slides to copy, but I've gotten through my birth to the 1970's.  Pretty much after that my Dad didn't do as much with slides unless it was a vacation.

My Dad loves to get out the slides and watch them about three or four times a year, and I was always the one that sat with him in the dark basement flipping through them.  I loved looking back on a life I didn't remember and laughing at the photos of a me I couldn't grasp.

In his later years my Dad video taped the slides as he went through them adding his commentary.  I think I might have those videos somewhere in the piles of junk inside my closet, but I haven't had the strength to watch them.  Now that I'm missing slides I feel the need to search for those videos and see if those missing slides will turn up.



But in the meantime I'm  thrilled with the slides that I do have.  It is surreal to go through them and guess the date and wonder what my parents were thinking and feeling, especially knowing more background now then I certainly knew when I was younger.  Odd to be in the same place as a parent now.

Next up is tackling the entrance of my baby brother.

1 comment:

K Anne said...

The pictures are great! Seeing Connie with the dark dark hair is funny. And of course you have retained your level of adorableness!