Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 80th!

Back in September, before my mother ended up in a hospital on a six week antibiotic regiment, my husband and his siblings threw a surprise birthday party for their mother.  My mother-in-law, Mary Anne, turned 80 years young at the end of the month. 

The party was in a restaurant on the water with good food, good friends, good music, and family.  My mother-in-law was very surprised.  When she arrived everyone was there and shouted out the obligatory, "Surprise!" and then broke out in the Happy Birthday song.

 Because the party was during the month that school had started, all of the out of town grandchildren were not there to help celebrate, but those that live here were there to pick at the strange hors d' oeuvres, dance on the dance floor, and help grandma blow out her candles.

It was a very nice celebration of a very nice lady.  I am quite lucky that she and her husband welcomed me into their family, and I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law.  Happy Birthday Mary Anne!  May you have another twenty years so that we can party to an even bigger celebration!

No comments: