Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A day with Rustoleum

My brother popped into town to visit his mother.  We visited some rehabilitation centers as the hospital is talking about moving her to one.  Mostly we entertained her as that is what he does best.  I made sure to take notes, pictures, and videos.  Behold:

Sayings from his mouth:
  • Let's just all relax.  Sit back and take it easy.  Simmer.
  • Wherever you go, there you are.
  • It's funny how people get out of your way when you pull out in front of them.
Pictures:
I told him he looked like a meat cutter.
"You mean a butcher?"

"What are you talking about? Do you have any sense?"

"I am loved by all!"

"When you are as good looking as I am...."

Videos:

He danced for me and I video taped it and told him I was going to put it on facebook so that our old neighbors and his buddies from grade school could see him now.  I mentioned names and that set him off on an old neighbor, Bill, while I was video taping.  I mouthed to him that I was video taping this and so he went off....


Then just because he was on a roll with the neighbors he moved on to another neighbor and left him a message.  Problem is....this is only funny if you know the players and the history....


6 comments:

Susan said...

Because I am married to this nut job...no comment!

Michelle said...

OMG...that is great!!! I knew I was the nice Mead. I never terrorized him. He hasn't changed a bit. I love you putting him in his place about calling Robby, Rob. That made me laugh until I about wet my pants. Life was so fun back then! Thanks for the laughs. It was great to hear your mom laughing too. Hope she is doing better! Thanks!

Barry said...

Wow, ole Rusty is losing his memory, but not his sense of humor. Bruce Wilkinson broke his collarbone in back yard football. Robby never pinned anyone in his youth. He did hit me with a rock (good throw) and missed me with the scissors (threw them like a girl!!! for which I chased him back into the house). Now that I remember all of this I think it is time to get him back for all of the throwing he did. He is still very funny though and I miss everyone from the old neighborhood.

Rusty said...

Too damn funny! See the joy I have brought to people!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! No wonder I only got a Masters degree and not a PhD! Those rocks...you took money from my family! LOL Great to see you are still funny. Do you remember the winter of, I think it was 78 when we missed a few weeks of school and we bowled in your basement for hours a day while snowed in? Great time! Great times. Love the slams on Barry and Robby! LOL And yes, Michelle was the "nice" Mead.

Barry said...

WTH Bill, Michelle rolled your bike down the driveway into the street.