Thursday, October 07, 2010

It's beginning to feel like fall

A week ago we had a little front move in over our state and suddenly the 90 degree weather was gone just like that (snap).  I went out in the garage to get the water bottles for the lunch boxes and brrr...I was chilled.  It was wonderful.  Suddenly everyone flipped off the air conditioning and threw open the windows.  Fall was creeping in on little cat feet (yes, Connie, I know it is fog).


I was so in love with the weather that I pulled out the Halloween decorations and spent the afternoon decorating.  I did some outside and a little inside, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Elliot helped me on the outside decorating, but after the scarecrows were put into the ground he suddenly saw them as intruders and he barked and ran around the yard as if the scarecrows were chasing him.  Eventually I had to pull them out of the ground and let him exam them before I could put them back.  He got use to them, but he still likes to keep an eye on them.

My neighbors put out their scarecrows the same day too, but Elliot didn't discover them until a few days later on his walk.  Commence the barking and running around growling.  His making noise set off the dog inside the house and her barking made Elliot more frantic.  It took a day or so, but he is now resigned to all the decorations in his territory.

I love driving up to my house and seeing that fall has arrived, such as it is in Florida.  The girls are looking through catalogs for costumes and I'm checking out recipes with pumpkin as the main ingredient.  The weather is suppose to warm up by next week, but in the meantime it jump started all of us into embracing the month.
 

2 comments:

K Anne said...

Thank goodness for another post from you. I like TP and all but I was getting bored checking in and finding nothing new. Yes fall is delightful, but even after 10+ years in FLA, I can't get used to the idea that fall in this state means temps in the low 80s. If only the palm trees would change color...

Susan said...

Love the decorations! Looks very "fallish" (: