Sunday, October 31, 2010

You must pay a price for beauty

The girls had a Halloween Monster Mash Party at school on Friday so they got to wear their costumes.  The night before I pinned Darcy's hair to give her some curl as I didn't have any rollers (forgot to ask Kelly before she left).  When I was young my mother use to take strands of my hair, whirled it around til it formed a circle, and pinned it with two bobby pins in an X formation.  Then she would wrap my head with a scarf and I would sleep like that all night.  It was something her own mother did with her to give her pin curls.  I loved it.


Darcy's hair turned out quite curly and "poofy" as she called it.  She thought it fit her costume so well she made me do it again last night in preparation for tonight's trick or treating.  While we watched television I pinned her hair over and over and over.  I did a better job this second time around.


It took the entire episode of Survivor to pin it and we used 86 bobby pins to hold it all in place.  Then she wrapped her head in a twisty towel and went to bed.


This morning we removed all the pins and BEHOLD:  curls!


Halloween photos on tomorrow's post!  Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

K Anne said...

I am sorry I was not here to serve your beauty needs. I love to play salon.