Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I grew up on this garlic spread.  My mother used it to make garlic bread and used it on our grilled steaks.  I love the stuff.  I'm known for my famous garlic bread using this spread, but about a year ago it disappeared from our local grocery store.  Poof! Gone!  I got online to try and find it on Lawry's website, but alas, it was no more.

When I visited my brother he had it.  His wife had it in her cupboard and said she had no trouble finding it in the grocery.  I thought about loading up my suitcase with the stuff, but I forgot.  I have had to purchase Pepperidge Farms frozen store bought garlic bread instead.

On Monday I was in the spice aisle getting some dill weed when I glanced down and THERE IT WAS!  My garlic spread RIGHT THERE ON THE SHELF.  I danced in the aisle as I threw tubs of it in my shopping cart.  Next item to go in the cart?  French bread.  I was making chicken and wild rice soup for dinner and we were going to have garlic bread!



It was a wonderful meal!  Yeah Lawry's!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I couldn't decide on which post to comment on...the FOOD won!!! This soup looks sooo yummy...you must give me the recipe! I do love your garlic bread too:)))