Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A day well spent

While my family was here over the holiday break we had a fabulous day with 70 degree sunny weather.  My sister-in-law's body craves sunshine and so she was up at 8:30 in the morning and outside by my pool deck in her bikini.  By the time I joined her, the sun was high in the sky and we decided to load the girls into the car and head to the beach.

The area was quite empty with a few sunbathers in chairs and on towels.  No one was in the 60 degree water except the sea gulls, and there were very few of them floating around.

 The girls played games on the sand before heading closer to the water.  Darcy wanted to build a castle and Gabby wanted to dig a gigantic hole, both of which were accomplished with team work.





Susan and I sat watching them and talking.  Susan alternated from the ground to a beach chair, and also took a little beach walk.  I sat in my beach chair and listened to music while photographing the girls.  I did not stick my foot in the water, but appreciated its beauty from afar.



When the sun began going behind the clouds early evening we packed up and heading home for showers.  Once dressed we headed out to our favorite local restaurant, E&E Stakeout Grill, which serves the best steak in town, not to mention heavily tequila margaritas.



Rusty, Connie, and Kelly joined us for the evening, which Rusty tweeted about endlessly as he drank margarita after margarita, extolling the gifted talents of Chef Erwin's creations.


We started out with appetizers of a shrimp martini and my favorite, shrimp piccata, which is grilled shrimp, fried eggplant, feta cheese, and added goodies.  Delicious and yummy!  A meal itself.


Most everyone ordered steaks with the E&E famous Caesar salad, even the kids.  Rusty kept ordering up more margaritas, and then in his drunken state, paid the entire bill.


Turns out he wasn't as drunk as we thought he was...we found out later he used Grandma Connie's credit card!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love your posts! Makes me miss you guys so much! :)