Saturday, May 05, 2012

Brownies + Anniversary = Delicious

My anniversary was last week.  In the beginning of our marriage we did things for our anniversary.  For our one year anniversary a guy at work told me to take Tom to this fancy restaurant in Tampa for brunch so I booked us a hotel and we spent the weekend there.  The brunch was fabulous complete with champagne and so much food we waddled home.

We talked about going to Hawaii for our fifth anniversary.  Then along came the children, and it was more like, "Is it our anniversary?" and "When is our anniversary?"  For the longest time I kept forgetting if it was the 23rd or the 24th.  In this marriage it is my husband who remembers and enjoys planning surprises for celebrations.

This year, our 18th, was one we both remembered.  We talked about what to do, but there were play practices, work activities, and school projects due.  I wanted to go see the Modern Family cast who were in town for a stand-up show, but I have a hard time spending big bucks for a couple hours of entertainment.  Instead I cooked a wonderful meal at home and we exchanged simple little gifts.

A few days later the mail lady brought us this:


It was from my sister-in-law and brother. They are involved with a company called Send Out Cards where you can design your own cards on your computer and the company will sign, seal, and deliver it to its destination.  There are also gifts to be delivered as well, and I can say that these little brownies hit the spot.  It was a nice gesture of love from my sis-in-law and one we appreciated tons!  Thanks Suz!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Thank you for the wonderful "thank you post"! I'm so happy you liked them:))