Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thursday's 10 random things rambling through my head

  • Darcy suggested I turn my twitter tweets sound to something different from my texts.  She got me to the correct screen and I chose the "tweet" sound, feeling that was appropriate.  It makes the sound of a bird whenever someone I follow tweets.  At first Madison and I thought we had a bird in the house until I remembered.  
  • I was taping up the box of birthday stuff for my niece and I heard my father's voice telling me the correct way to tape up the box.  Just one of the things he taught me that I learned and use today.
  • I write stories in my head at night to help me get to sleep.  I have done this for about 30 years.  I was wondering if I ever get dementia or Alzheimer's disease will these stories come into my head then and make me think they are reality?
  • Why is it that when you wear scrubs people ask you where you work?  People don't ask me that when I'm in my shorts or a bathing suit.
  • My husband would like to get rid of our house phone, but I protest.  We recently just switched cable companies and the company had to shut off our phone for two business days to transfer the number.  They shut it down on a Friday, which meant we lost phone service for 4 days as the weekend doesn't count as business days.   By the third day I was okay with the loss.  On Tuesday when the phone rang I jumped up and down for joy.  I think I'm on the fence.
  • I started back to the gym yesterday.  I always take a book with me when it isn't football season.  As I was reading and going to town on the elliptical I realized that I was using an empty M&M peanut wrapper for a bookmark.  I felt a little funny about that...
  • My dog eats paper.  Yesterday my paper shredded came on while I was in the other room on the phone.  I'm suspicious of the dog.
  • I bought a blue butterfly catcher the other day so that I will be able to save the butterflies that fly into my screened in porch and then can't get out again.  Last time Kelly and I stood on unsteady chairs to save a butterfly who kept hovering near the ceiling while his mate flew outside the screen calling to him.  So far I have saved zero butterflies with the new catcher.
  • Did anyone see the Yahoo video lead yesterday of the woman arrested for putting her eight year old in a tanning booth?  It all seemed a misunderstanding to me, and really the real story was what this woman looked like from her own tanning experiences.  Her face was completely chocolate colored as if someone had painted her entire face, leaving her eyes alone to peer out from behind her chocolate world.  And yet not one mention was made of this.  I'm still haunted by those eyes.
  • On my tombstone it will say, "She was so funny."  Except I want to be cremated.

No comments: