Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Animals we have encountered on our trip



This is Kelly's mother, Ann's cat.  The cat was previously owned and his name is Sox.  Ann told me though that she thinks the cat thinks his name is God Dammit because she is always saying to him, "God Dammit, stop it!  God Dammit, get out of the blinds!"  I thought this was hilarious and called him God Dammit during our time in Indy.


At the Elshoff Forest Retreat, the name we gave our accommodation in Evansville, had a mile long road that we drove on to get to the retreat.  A family of deer lived in the woods and ventured into the neighbor's corn for meals.  There were two babies with Bambi spots and two does.  We didn't see the bucks.


This gator lives at my cousin's house. He caught it in Florida, and despite being told that it lived in his house, I was not prepared when I turned the corner into his living room to come face to face with that! I admit I screamed.


This is Kevin and his partner, Larry's, little dog Edie.  She is the softest animal I have ever pet.


Driving to Bedford, IN we stopped for lunch in Orleans.  This little beauty was waiting for his master while he shopped.  A big Amish area.



This is little Ollie Pop! My niece's dog, Oliver. Our family finds him so tiny compared to our little Elliot.


My Aunt Lorene's chickens and the rooster wandered free in her yard. During the day they messed around in her dead flower garden and relaxed in the shade of an old parked mail truck.

No comments: