Sunday, July 08, 2012

Sunday's simple thoughts at 2 AM

  1. I have got to exercise.  Not only for the lowering of my cholesterol and getting my middle aged overweight body into some kind of shape, but so I CAN SLEEP.  Either that or I need drugs.
  2. I'm not sure that I will have wireless access on my vacation.  OMG!  I wonder if they have cute, little Internet cafes in southern Indiana?
  3. We ran into Madison and Darcy's preschool teacher yesterday, and after taking up her time with babbling, I wondered why everyone in the world couldn't be as sweet as that woman.  Peace would certainly prevail if we all were.
  4. Money, money, money.  I wish I had more of it.
  5. While watching Wimbledon Saturday morning and cheering for my Twitter gal Serena Williams, two Jehovah Witnesses came to my door.  Holy Cow!  Karma?  Irony?  You betcha!
  6.  I would go outside and swim in the hope of getting sleepy, but one, I shouldn't swim alone, and two, I would worry about creepy animals inside and outside of my screen.
  7. Without the Internet access how will I blog?  I must spend today writing ahead, but I have to rack my brain and creativity for things to blog about each day as it is let alone jumping ahead.
  8. A former Steelers player and IU alumni, Antwaan Randle El is going to announce his retirement from football next week.  He was the wide receiver who threw a touchdown pass to Hines Ward for a trick play in Super Bowl XL.  I need to find a place in my Steelers room to retire my "Go to El" shirt.
  9. My house is too small, but if it weren't then I could do some cleaning of it while not being able to sleep.  I feel so ready to get things done at 2 AM. 
  10. The dog comes to me when he has important things to say.  Now I have the worry of who he will go to while I'm gone added to my list of things to worry about that keep me up at night.
  11. I love playing Scramble with friends even though I'm not that great at it.  I find it calming.  I play ten games at a time with my friend's husband.  He and I are a match.  Sometimes he wins and sometimes I win.  Right now he is on a boat somewhere in Alaska, and I don't have anyone to play with me.  I need my calm back.
  12. I love Twitter.
  13. Why are the years going by so fast?  I can remember that they use to drag on and on.  I want those times back.
  14. Do people really try to count sheep and it works?

No comments: