Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013 Resoultions

2012 Resolution Recap & Check

  1. To "work on" not chewing my nails - .  I started the year out well with this resolution, but before I got halfway through the year (where did the year go?) I dropped the ball on this one.  I have to honestly say that I tried to "work on" this one, but failed.  I feel unless I have fake nails I am doomed to always chew.  Score: 1
  2. To lower my cholesterol -  I only had my cholesterol checked once this year and it was lower!  Circumstances prevented another check so I can safely give my self a perfect on this one.  New check will happen this month, but the year is already over.   Score: 10
  3. To find time and do things only for myself - Hmmm...I did do some of this, but really not enough to say I conquered this resolution.  I'm not even sure I could say I did this half the time.  Score: 3
  4. To do a better job of keeping on top of my SAHMly chores - Nope.  I had visions of vacuuming every other day and swishing and swiping the flylady way, but again circumstances.  Who wanted to vacuum that crappy pee stained carpet I use to have?  Now that the carpet and vacuum cleaner have been replaced I think I'll make this my resolution for next year just to see if I can do it.  Score:  1
  5. To say something nice to every person I come into contact with daily -  Again, I started off well with this one, but then I just plain forgot about it.  It was hard to remember.   Score:  5
 Total: 20 out of 50 - Not as well as I wanted to do, but thank god I have next year to work on this and more!

2013 Resolutions

  1. To get down to a certain weight (which will not be mentioned here for all to see) by eating healthy and exercising. - I have got to get my weight down to see if that will help my physical issues, and I have got to get back into a exercise routine.  I'm not happy with the way I feel or look.  A friend of mine is also going to make this her resolution so perhaps having someone working alongside me will help.
  2. To organize my schedule, my desk, my home, and to finish the scanning/organizing of photos.  That means getting rid of stuff and boxing up and storing other stuff. - Okay, I'm not really sure what I mean with this one.  I just want my house and desk and life to be more balanced and organized.
  3. To work on my patience and try to not be so uptight.  To channel my inner Sharon Gardner and Sharon Royer, two people who I think handle life calmly. - I want to enjoy my life and not be so uptight.  I have plenty to be thankful for, but little things emerge in my life and I get so stressed and I don't feel I handle it well.  I want to handle it better.
  4. To get into couponing to save money. - Darcy did this this summer and I helped her.  I try to do it now, but usually forget the coupons when shopping.  I will conquer it this year!
  5. To contribute more articles to Yahoo and Google and try to earn some cash. - Hey, this is easy.  I can write.  I need to just do it.
Happy New Year Everyone!  Thanks for reading!





2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good Luck with your "resolutions" Have a great 2013!!!

Susan said...

Great resolutions! Hopefully we all can keep them!!