Thursday, February 07, 2013

From the travel journal - Pompano Beach - Day 3

Entry #1 - Cara - 9:23 am - My Fairfield sales appointment, which Tiffany signed me up for upon check-in, was scheduled for 9:15, but they leave you cooling your heels in the lobby as they call your name one by one.  My representative from the Elite Team is Pam.  She is a nice looking gal, smoothly dressed and real.  If she has had work done she had one hell of a great plastic surgeon.  Nothing appears phony on her.

She asks me which Fairfield resort I have stayed in, and I mention the one in Orlando where we had dead bugs in the bed, rust falling into the pool, etc.  Several people waiting nearby hear me and ask for the name of the resort.  Pam quickly ushers me into the sales room, telling me how funny I am.  When I tell her I'm serious she asks me what I want to know about Fairfield.  I'm honest and tell her what Kelly told me to say, "My mother owns this.  One day I'll inherit.  You're not going to sell me anything today."  Whoa!  Wrong thing to say obviously because she has now left me sitting alone at the sales table, returning once to ask if I'm married and once to get my mother's Fairfield card.  Hmm...a battle of wills perhaps?  Seriously, nothing free that they have offered me is worth any of this.  Wouldn't you want to treat a person in my position in a queenly manner?  I guess not.  But I realize too that Pam can't wait for me to be the owner as she has food to put on the table too.  I was suppose to have Natalie with me, but of course she refused, knowing I wanted her to come.

I'm listening to the table next to me.  The sales lady has definitely had work done.  She is older, slim; a bombshell.  She remind me of Peggy.  This sales lady is working with an older couple who inherited from an aunt.  They don't own they rent.  The sales lady is seriously trying, but the man isn't budging and his wofe hasn't spoken more than three sentences.  The entire room is about half full and buzzing with sales talk.  The women are more to my liking as the men are slimy used car salesmen.  At 10:00 am Krista and Kelly are suppose to call me with an emergency so I can escape.  Only 6 minutes to go.

Fairfield Employees Who Deserve Recognition:
-Wayne
-Danielle
-Lisa
-Alice
-Natalia

Entry #2 - Krista - 11:36 am - It's me, Krista, and again I'm out of cash.  You see, I don't carry cash!!  I'm a debit gal and when I ask here at the resort if they accept debit cards they give me a strange look.  Soooo....I'm off to find an ATM without a fee!!  Good luck to me!  Of course last night I was at Winn Dixie and paid for my beer and dessert with, you know what I'm going to say, CASH!!  I guess the 8 beers I had impaired my ability to think, but I drove just fine!!


Entry # 3 - Cara - 11:52 am - Krista and I are hanging out in the sitting room of our building while the girls are in the game room.  There is a television and a computer.  We have attempted the computer, but it is a tad difficult without a keyboard so we are watching the Price is Right with two men from Virginia.  They are in shorts and bare feet.  They are discussing Texas Hold'em which is the activity for tonight.


Krista is asking them if they will help us if we come to play because we are clueless.  I jumped in and asked which was a winner three twos or four twos.  Turns out Krista was serious...she doesn't know Texas Hold'em.  Or maybe she is scamming me.


Entry #3 - Kelly - New words for kids (although Madison knew the definition)  It's Kelly here and I am traveling in the caravan to the flea market.  Brianna has made the statement that she will not wear used clothes.  I was trying to describe what they will find at the flea market, and I said that they would find clothes, jewelry, art, perfume, used furniture, rugs, etc.  Brianna thought I said used clothes.  I explained that the flea market is not a Salvation Army!  I went into the hot tub this morning.  The outside hot tub is quite nice.  The water has the perfect temperature.  The lifeguard at the pool looked quite bored.  I don't blame him.  No one was in the pool.





Entry # 4 - Cara - Dinner has been served, the dishes are clean, and the girls are safely ensconced (we learned it so we should use it) in front of the TV.  We spent twenty minutes today at the indoor flea market, but left after a minor medical situation (EDITOR:  one that will not be mentioned. ) That and the hair extensions we were trying on cost $38 and $42. 

We spent two hours in Walmart collecting the medical supplies recommended by the pediatrician and much more, and by the time we left Kelly was banging her head on the cart.  Greg arrived not long after that just in time for spa night.  Kelly and the girls did nails, hair and make-up on each other taking before and after photos.  Then Greg whisked Kelly away -- only to return after we discovered her toiletry bag in the bathroom.  We will join her at Greg's for Thanksgiving.

Krista and I are doing laundry and starting to relax.  I'm hoping for a good night's sleep in a bed--alone tonight.
Clothes from Walmart!


No comments: