Thursday, February 14, 2013

Out of the mouths of my babes

Madison is the hardest person to wake in the morning. She sleeps through alarms and usually my voice. On Monday she missed the bus and I had to get dressed and drive her to school at 6:30 in the morning. The sun isn't even up at that time. When she got home Monday we were discussing her lateness, her morning grouchiness, and her problem of getting up.

Me: "Look how nice and happy you are right now. Why can't you be like that in the morning. You're so grouchy and mean in the morning."

Madison: "I don't think I'm really awake in the morning. I feel like I'm in a fog and sometimes still in a dream."

Me: "We'll that's weird. But seriously you have to get up in time to get to the bus. I don't like having to drive you. It's dark out!"

Madison: "I don't like it when I miss the bus and you have to take me either. I'm always worried you're going to be mad. And then I don't even talk in the car."

Me: "You mean you're scared of me? Well that's sort of exciting. I always think we were scared of our parents which is why we were so good. Kids today aren't scared. But you are?"

Madison: "Yes, when I miss the bus. I'm scared you'll be mad."

Me: "But I was good this morning!"

Madison: "Yes, you were."

Me: "I know. It's one of my resolutions...to be more patient. I was nice and patient this morning. I didn't argue or anything. I was nice!"

Madison: "I know, but that's even scarier."

No comments: