Saturday, February 09, 2013

Out of the mouths of my babes

Me: (on the phone at 3:30 pm):  "You sound better today then yesterday."

Connie:  "I feel better today.  I slept until 1:30."

Me:  "1:30 in the afternoon?  Like two hours ago?"

Connie:  "I had some good sleep."

Me:  "Uh huh.  What time did you go to bed?"

Connie:  "Oh, I don't know.  Late."

Me:  "I refuse to worry about this."

Connie:  "I'm not asking you to.  What do I care whether I stay up late and sleep late?"

Me:  "Because Connie the early bird gets the worm."

Madison: (who has been sitting and listening) "Actually that isn't true when there is only one worm in the house."

Connie:  "Exactly Madison!"

Me:  "She is only saying this because she sleeps as late as you on the weekend."

Madison:  "And I don't get the worm.  Darcy does."


No comments: