Monday, February 11, 2013

Replacement flowers...sort of.

At Thanksgiving time I dug out these pots that use to be on my back porch and put them on either side of my front door to use as decoration.  I put mums in them at that time and then put poinsettias in them at Christmas time.  Yes, the poinsettias were fake, but they didn't die and when the holiday was over I pulled them out, cleaned them off, and stored them away in my plastic Christmas boxes.  The planters have sat empty since then the dirt calling to me every time I entered and exited my front door.  I do not have a green thumb.  The mums withered and died almost before Thanksgiving so I was thinking I would do the fake flower thing when one day I exited the door and saw these in my pots.


Tom had obviously taken matters into his own hands.  I couldn't believe how beautiful these flowers were and I was quite impressed.  Until I closed the door and looked into the second pot on the other side of the door.




Uh? One of these just doesn't belong.  What the heck? 

No comments: