Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Oops

I tried to run the dishwasher before leaving for school. My husband waved me off telling me people had to take showers. I assumed he would run it when he was done showering and before he left for work. I was wrong. Which I discovered while making coffee for my friend and me and while I was talking, a mile a minute as usual, telling a story.

I stopped my story to gripe about the injustice of saying one thing and not following through and thus "dirty dishes". And then I continued on with my story while opening the dishwasher and pouring in the detergent so that the contraption that makes my life a tad easier could do its job. As I was talking and pouring, I noticed that the rinse aid side was empty, and so after putting away the detergent I causally reached under the sink, got the bottle of blue rinse liquid out, and began pouring that into its little slot. I was still talking.

At some point during my talking and pouring it registered, a mere blip to my brain, that the blue rinse liquid was awfully thick. So I stuck my finger in it and massaged it around so that it would flow through the holes better and I kept on talking. At this point my friend, whose ears had to be on fire, asked me why I was pouring Dawn detergent into my rinse container. THAT got me to stop talking.


Both bottles were side by side in my cabinet. I just grabbed the wrong one. I had vision of suds coming under the dishwasher. I ran around my kitchen waving my arms in the air. What to do? What to do? My friend suggested a turkey baster. I spent considerable amount of time running around looking for that. By the time that was in hand the liquid had disappeared into the holes and into the nether regions of the rinse container.

My friend and I were in our bathing suits planning on having coffee poolside. We looked at one another, shrugged, closed the dishwasher and turned it on. We figured we would deal with it later around the time of the rinse cycle. If we had suds, we had suds. There wasn't a thing we could do about it now.


Of course, we forgot the dishwasher once we were outside. By the time I remembered it the dishes were done and dried. And Clean! My dishes have never looked cleaner. There were no suds on the floor. There were no suds on the dishes. I ran a few items under the faucet and there were no suds. I believe I have just proved that the rinse cycle on a dishwasher is nothing but a scam to sell a product that is obviously not needed. Either that or I've proved that Dawn Dishwashing Liquid has yet another facet besides cleaning dishes and oil soaked wildlife.

No comments: