Monday, January 04, 2016

Monday morning NFL recap - week #17

Steelers: Wow! Just wow! I went to bed last night not feeling the playoffs. I woke up yesterday morning feeling differently. Always have faith. Got to. Of course, now we play the Bengals again....
  • Poor Ben was sick with whatever nonsense I started the year out with. I toughed it out doing activities with my family and Ben toughed it out too. We are warriors! He had a couple of picks and was off, but he got it done when needed.
  • How monotone was the head referee in this game? Whoa. He must not have had a happy new year. 
  • How cool was it that a Steelers fan wearing #84 was in the end zone when Antonio Brown made the second touchdown? I loved that Brown could celebrate with the two fans and give the guy wearing his jersey the ball.
  • Didn't like losing DeAngelo Williams. That one will hurt in the playoffs.
  • Antonio Brown became the first player in the league to have 125 catches in back to back seasons. Congrats!
  • My computer viewing was splotchy, but not as bad as last week. I had to keep the NFL Redzone on TV to see things in colorful splendor. Plus, it was a good way to see the Bills intercept Jets Ryan Fitzpatrick over and over again.
Other:

  • I forgot (twice) about Rex Ryan's firing from the Jets. Of course, he would want to knock them out of the playoffs. I love that man today. Yay Buffalo!
  • How quickly did the story about Peyton and the illegal substances disappear? I didn't hear one word of that this week. Instead it was usurped by the news that he would be the Broncos back up this week. Snicker. That was WAY more exciting news to the media.
  • I thought I was overweight, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick seriously needs to make a "get into shape" resolution this year. 
  • And let the firings begin. Yesterday after their games the Browns and the 49ers parted ways with their coaches and there will most likely be more teams that do the same.
  • Okay, so Coach Kubiak put in Peyton Manning the back-up quarterback in the third quarter because....? Do we truly know why? Speculation, which runs rampant in the NFL media, was that Manning was needed because the Broncos needed some leadership to put the game away. Quarterback Brock Osweiler was not leading?  Because there were too many mistakes? I don't trust Kubiak or Elway and now we will have to listen to the "which quarterback will start" opinions all week. Either way it isn't an easy decision or situation for any of the people involved and that's what happens when you mess around.
  • Is it just me or were the Packers the smarter team by NOT winning the division? Frankly, an away game versus the Washington Redskins sounds better than a home game against the Seattle Seahawks. Don't think that wasn't in Aaron Rogers head.

No comments: